Lentil Bolognese or I like to call it "The worse it looks, better the taste"
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 140g fettuccine pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2cup dried green lentils
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
what's next ? - cook!
- Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with water; cover and bring to boil over high heat
- Washh and dry the fresh produce (1 medium carrot, 1 stick celery)
- Trim the ends and peel the carrot; discard the trimmings and small dice the carrot
- Trim and discard the ends of the celery; small dice the celery and add to the bowl
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat
- Peel and small dice the onion; add to the bowl with other vegetables
- Add olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat the bottom
- Add the carrots, celery and onion to the pan and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes
- Peel and mince the garlic; transfer to a small bowl
- Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, season with salt and add the pasta; stir for few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 10 to 15 minutes. Once done, drain the pasta
- Add the garlic to the pan and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and lentils; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the lentils have softened, 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the fettuccine noodles between bowls, top with the lentil bolognese sauce and ENJOY!
Bolognese without Bob! :)